Kuari Pass Trek is the best Himalayan trek for beginners. It is situated in the Grahwal region of Himalayas at an altitude of (12,720 ft). In the local language Kuari means “the door way”. This trek consists of many forests enriched with oak and deodar trees. In the regular intervals you witness the meadows. At an altitude of 4264 meters, Kuari Top is like an amphitheater where some of the stalwart peaks of Himalayas take the stage.
The Kuari Pass trek gives you a chance to view this impressive skyline of these mighty mountains from close quarters.This trek features the twin peaks of Nanda Devi, Hathi ghoda parvat, Mana and Neelkanth peaks. It is a beautiful scenic track. It is also known as the ‘Lord Curzon trail’.
This Kuari Pass trek embarks from Joshimath which is situated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. It is the place where Sri Shankaracharya is said to have attained ‘enlightenment’. The Kuari Pass trek passes through small remote Himalayan villages, which enables the trekkers to get familiarize with the life of the mountain folks. En route you will pass through the coniferous and oak forests, here you will get to witness the wildlife in close proximity, where pug marks of leopards or Himalayan black bears can be sighted frequently.
Another refreshing part of the trek is walking through the ‘Bugyals’, which are the Himalayan meadows. The beauty and serenity of a Himalayan meadows is incomparable, which features vast green pastures. While on the way you will also visit Auli, which is a famous hill station and a ski resort.
- Arrive in Rishikesh and our representatives will further take you to Joshimath which is the starting point of our trek.
- Briefing for trekking will be done.
- Overnight stay in the Hotel/camp.
- There is road connectivity till Dhak village which is 12 kms away from Joshimath.
- From Dhak village the trekking begins.
- Reach Chitrakhana which is 4 kms away fro Dhak village.
- Overnight stay in the tents.
- Trek for 8 kms from Chitrakhana to Tali top.
- This trek passes through beautiful Himalayan forests.
- Overnight stay in tents.
- Trek further for 6 km and reach kuari pass.
- Soak yourself in the scintillating scenery amidst the prominent peaks.
- Spend quality time in the lap of nature at kuari pass.
- Retrace the same route till Tali top.
- Spend the night in the tents.
- Reach Auli.
- Board the vehicle for Joshimath.
- Overnight stay at hotel/camp.
Rishikesh to Joshimath (255 kms)
Joshimath – Dhak Village- Chitrakhana
Chitrakhana – Tali top
Tali top – Kuari Pass – Tali top
Tali top – Auli – Joshimath
Chamoli, Uttarakhand, India
Leave a Reply